As an orthodontist, my goal is to provide my patients with exceptional orthodontic treatment in the most caring, innovative, and comfortable environment possible. One thing that really sets us apart from other practices is that I spend a lot of one-on-one time with my patients. I enjoy developing relationships with them and learning about their varied backgrounds. I am committed to every patient having a great experience in our office as well as achieving a beautiful, comfortable, and healthy smile.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science Degree – Washington University, St. Louis
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Maryland Dental School
- Certificate in Orthodontics – University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Orthodontic Faculty – University of Maryland Dental School
I am very active in continuing my education through orthodontic and dental meetings and dental study groups. I take more than 80 hours of continuing education each year, five times the annual requirements so that I can provide the most up-to-date clinical methods to my patients. I have also had special training in the area of TMJ disorders, and am one of the top 50 Invisalign® providers in the country.
I have been practicing in the Washington, DC, area since 1990. I lecture frequently to orthodontic groups and dental societies, and serve as a consultant for dental continuing education study groups.
I am very fortunate to have been rated as the “#1 Orthodontist” in Washington, DC by Consumers Checkbook Magazine, and for the past 30 years, I have been voted by my peers as one of the “Top Orthodontists” in the entire Washington, DC area by Washingtonian Magazine.
- College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Renaissance Dental Study Group
- Washington Orthodontic Group
Outside the Office
I reside in the metro area of Washington, DC with my wife, Tracy, our sons, Jason and Kevin, and a dog named Sibley. I love to play with my kids and participate in their various activities. I also play tennis and golf, go skiing and cycling, and enjoy model trains and movies. And, when nothing else is going on, you'll probably find me tinkering with or fixing something around the house.