At Shefferman Orthodontics, our innovative treatment, cutting-edge technology, and amazing results have given us an exceptional reputation since opening our doors in 1990. We provide the most caring, patient centered, and excellent orthodontic treatment for children, adolescents, and adults.
We are the Washington, DC Invisalign Experts.
What does it mean to be an Invisalign Expert?
Not many dentists or orthodontists can claim to be Invisalign Experts. Dr. Shefferman has personally treated and cared for more than 2400 Invisalign patients. That is ten times more experience than your typical individual Invisalign provider! As a consultant for many dentists in the DC area, Dr. Shefferman’s expertise and guidance has helped improve the quality of Invisalign treatment throughout the entire dental community. At Shefferman Orthodontics, we are proud to be the “go to” office for achieving great Invisalign results with even the most complex orthodontic problems.
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign system is the virtually invisible way to straighten your teeth and achieve the smile you've always wanted. Invisalign uses advanced 3D computer imaging technology to depict your complete treatment plan, from the initial position of your teeth to the final desired position. Then, a series of clear aligners are custom-made for your teeth — and your teeth only — to move them little by little. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks before being replaced by the next in the series until the final position of your teeth is achieved. Your Invisalign treatment time will be determined by Dr. Shefferman based on your specific needs.
What are the primary benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign aligners are clear, making Invisalign a seamless fit with your lifestyle and day-to-day interactions with others. Invisalign aligners are also removable. Unlike braces, you have the flexibility to eat and drink what you want during treatment simply by removing the aligners when you eat. You can also remove the aligners to brush and floss as you normally would for fresh breath and good oral hygiene. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign treatment does not use metal brackets or wires that could cause irritation to your mouth. In addition, you'll spend less time at Shefferman Orthodontics and scheduling appointments, and more time out doing the things you love. Lastly, Invisalign’s technology allows you to view your virtual results and treatment plan before you start your treatment, so that you can preview how your straight teeth will look once your treatment is complete.
Will Invisalign fit my lifestyle?
- Time for a snack? No problem. Take out your aligners to eat or drink whenever you want.
- You can remove your Invisalign aligners, so you can brush and floss regularly, and keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- You can occasionally remove your Invisalign aligners and enjoy a special night out.
- There's no need to change a thing. Continue your day-to-day activities while still straightening your teeth.
- Be yourself with Invisalign aligners. Since they are clear, you don't have to hide your smile while going through treatment.
- With Invisalign treatment, it's easy to make your smile picture perfect for that special occasion.
- Invisalign appointments work with your schedule. Most visits are in and out, with a quick progress check once every eight weeks. We also offer virtual checkups through Zoom and Facetime to minimize your in-office visits.